The Environment for Life conference – September 16-17, 2021
The Czech Environmental Information Agency (CENIA), supported by the Ministry of the Environment, is holding a two-day expert meeting to create space for a broad discussion on issues related to current environmental challenges. The Environment for Life conference will take place on September 16-17, 2021, in the Balling Hall of the National Technical Library in Prague.
The first day of the conference will provide space for the presentation of the intentions and outputs of projects supported by the Ministry of Environment’s programme for the promotion of applied research, experimental development and innovation in the field of the environment – Environment for Life, of which the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic is the provider and promoter. The focus of the conference will thus be given to the main priorities of the programme, which are:
- Climate – measures to protect the climate, mitigation and adaptation to increased extremes of rainfall as well as temperatures, both in mansions and in the open countryside
- Air protection
- Waste and circular economy
- Protection of water, soil, rock and other natural resources
- Biodiversity, conservation and landscape
- Environmentally friendly society, safe and resilient environment, specific instruments for environmental protection and sustainable development
The second day of the conference will be dedicated to the topic of sustainable development. Technical content will be in support of the Green Agreement for Europe strategy paper (The European Green Deal), which presents a set of measures that should enable European citizens and businesses to reap the full benefits of the transition to a more sustainable, greener economy. The main theme for the second day of the conference will be focused on 6 basic headings:
- Green Deal for Sustainable Development Measures
- Data, information and knowledge for sustainable development
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainable production and consumption
- A healthy planet for posterity
- Public versus climate protection and sustainable development
- Sustainable development of human settlements
At the end of the first lecture day there will be time for an informal meeting of participants on the premises of the National Technical Library.
We will further refine the programme and other organisational details of the event on the conference website and on CENIA’s Facebook profile.
If you know by now that you are interested in speaking at the conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can register for the conference now by following this link.
We look forward to meeting you and having a stimulating discussion.